Tuesday 22 October 2013

Big Willy








Someone pinch me, I must be dreaming. A six wheel drive, camper equipped, pre-1958 Willys Jeep Pickup. Wow. Found this beauty surfing the web, and oh man is it nice. Not too much is known that isn't inherently obvious, other than the fact that it resides in Oregon. The last picture is the most recent I could find - taken at a bike race in 2012 - which makes it even more interesting, because it's a bit of an enigma. Only a handfull of pictures but no info, it's like the Bigfoot of Jeeps. Literally, it has some big wheels, the spare wheel doubling as a step for the door at the back (first picture). If anyone can find info, I'll give you a hug or something (seriously though, it would be awesome). This truck is tall, handsome, and mysterious (ladies), and I love every bit of it.

Sources:
First five pictures- http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/51159-Spotted-Big-Willy-6x6!!
Last picture- http://prollyisnotprobably.com/2012/08/recent-roll-the-2012-rapha-nw-gentlemens-race/#1

8 comments:

  1. THIS IS SOO COOL! jeep + trailer= HEAVVUN i want one, how much would this sell for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not actually sure! I know the old Jeep base would be pretty hard to find now, and probably expensive, but the rest is all custom and difficult to price. Probably cost a ton of money, those wheels alone would be so expensive!

      Delete
  2. The name reminded me of Duck Dunasty ! LOL but if you could have one, what colour would you want it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This exact colour, rust, dirt and everything! Gives it personality, and I dig that red.

      Delete
  3. DAYYYYM! This one's a monster! I find it hard to believe that there's no info on it though. Aren't there all records of cars made or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there are, but this one has some form of 6x6 chassis modified to fit the jeep cab on top, and modified further to attach the camper, which is modified with firewood racks on the sides and fuel, more firewood etc. on the back. There's definitely info on the original Jeep Willys Pickup, but not on this one!

      Delete
  4. Lucas jeeps are killing the earth how do you feel about that??????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, so are normal cars, man. Just not as bad. So, sorry I guess.

      Delete